[Colorado-talk] FW: [OneStrongVoice] please share info on our upcoming advocacy class

Scott C. Labarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Sun May 20 15:41:02 UTC 2018

Fyi

From: Julie Reiskin [mailto:jreiskin at ccdconline.org]
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2018 2:05 PM
To: OneStrongVoice -Communications <onestrongvoice-com at onestrongvoice.org>; PWD saving medicaid <pwd-saving-medicaid at googlegroups.com>; protectourcare. <protectourcareco at googlegroups.com>; CCDC Board Members <ccdc-bod at googlegroups.com>
Subject: [OneStrongVoice] please share info on our upcoming advocacy class

Hello

,

As the manager of training for the Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition, I would like to tell you about our Basic Advocacy Training Class.  I know that many of you are already aware that we offer this training opportunity, but I would like to share with you how this class can benefit you and your employees.

People take our class for many reasons and come from many walks-of-life: parents of children with disabilities, employees working in the disability community, lawyers looking to understand their clients better, educators, lawmakers, CEOs and executive directors, students, advocates, activists, and on and on.  Our students are people of color and white, indigenous and immigrant, citizens, visa holders, and resident aliens.  But there is one thing all these diverse individuals have in common - they have the drive to make the world a better place for all people with disabilities.

Do any of those descriptions sound like someone you know?  Do you recognize these characteristics in the people in your organization? If you do, we would like to ask you to share the information about our upcoming summer Basic Advocacy Training class.  The next session is coming up quickly, starting on June 5th, and we would like to encourage as many people as possible to take the first step to changing our world.

This class is available either in person or online, thus allowing your employees to become involved in education without interfering with their work day.  The course also offers the option for students to earn those vital continuing education credits (CEU) needed for recertification and licensing - up to three CEUs are available upon the successful completion of this class.

So, please, share this email, the flyer, and the registration link. (Or, gasp! even use it yourself.)  All are welcome.  There are discounted fees for multiple students from the same organization. There are scholarships available in exchange for volunteer time. We are more than willing to discuss alternative options as well.

If you would like, we are willing to set up a meet and greet with your folks to share more about the Basic Advocacy Training Class.  Just let me know, and we can work together to make that happen.

In the meantime, I am attaching our flyer for the summer session and the direct link to the online registration form.

Thank you for sharing this opportunity far and wide.  The farther we reach together, the more power and impact we have.

​

 <https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScvAyh0ohsfHHSeDJhjXCjWxcpQSAGyEcbExqwoFy401_rGwg/viewform?usp=sf_link> Basic Advocacy Training Class Online Registration

ANGELA NEVIN

Training & Communications Manager

Contact me directly at

 303.744.6503

1385 S. Colorado Blvd.,

Bldg. A Ste. 610

Denver, Colorado 80222

 <http://www.ccdconline.org/> www.ccdconline.org

Direct Line: 303.744.6503

Cell Phone: 720.837.4229

Main Office: 303.839.1775

Sincerely,

Julie Reiskin,  Executive Director
Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition
1385 S. Colorado Blvd. Suite 610-A   Denver, CO 80222
Direct Line 720-961-4261
Organizational Line 303-839-1775

Organizational Fax  <tel:303-648-6262> 303-648-6262

Legal Program's Fax  <tel:720-420-1390> 720-420-1390

 <http://www.ccdconline.org/> www.ccdconline.org
Become a Member of CCDC for Free <http://svy.mk/Kgggp2>
Like us on Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/CCDC.CO>
 <https://twitter.com/CCDC501c3> Follow us on Twitter

If you do not have a seat at the table it is likely you are on the menu Elizabeth Warren (D).

Get involved in politics as if your life depends on it because it does!  Justin Dart (R)

MEDICAID MATTERS--join the movement of people that  believe Medicaid is a great program worth supporting and keeping at

 <http://www.medicaidhelpscolorado.org/> http://www.medicaidhelpscolorado.org.

NOTHING ABOUT US WITHOUT US -- EVER

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.