[Colorado-talk] need some help deciding on a braise note taker or a braise display

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 15:39:16 UTC 2018

Hello Becky:

I very much agree with the observations made here by Scott Davert. I would
only add that before any money is spent, you need to decide exactly what you
hope to achieve with whatever braille technology you will acquire. In my
view, using a braille device to perform the sophisticated functions we take
for granted on our computers and iPhones is counterproductive since these
specialized technologies do not seem to be able to keep up with advances in
mainstream industry. As for me, my only interest in braille was to have at
my disposal a device that would enable me to take and review braille notes
and, ad at the same time, holding large amounts of information that I might
need to retrieve and review quickly. For example, when I went to the
Colorado state convention, I copied the agenda into my Orbit Reader 20 so
that I could search for specific activities that I wanted to attend.

Another thing to keep in mind with regard to braille displays is that these
devices are a bit more fragile than something like an iPhone or a computer,
and the cost of repair is often quite high.

Sorry if all of this sounds rather confusing.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Cordially,

Curtis Chong