[Colorado-talk] Bennet Cosponsors AIM-HE, Let's Get Gardner Too!

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 21:23:17 UTC 2018

Greetings all -

Shout out to Rob Harris in Grand Junction. He's been in regular
contact with the Bennet office in Junction and just learned that Sen.
Bennet signed on tour AIM-HE bill, S.2138!  Persistence pays!

This is the Access to Instruction Media in Higher Education Act which
would set guidelines for schools to follow for accessible e-text books
and online leraning management systems ... And whatever else they
think up in the future.

So I propose that we call Sen. Gardner's office now and get him to
cosponsor as well. The original sponsors are Elizabeth Warren and Oren
Hatch, so it is clearly a bipartisan bill.

Call Sen. Gardner's office at 202-224-5941. Say you want him to
cosponsor S. 2138, our AIM High bill.  Feel free to mention that Sen.
Bennet is a cosponsor, and that you are a member of the NFB of
Colorado.

Best,
Dan

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"