[Colorado-talk] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Legislative Alert - April 9, 2019

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 15:37:24 UTC 2019

Good morning Colorado Federationists!

We all received John Pare’s Legislative update last evening.  If you
didn’t catch it, Colorado freshman Congressman Joe Neguse is listed as
a cosponsor of the Transition to Competitive Employment Act (TCE),
which will phase out paying workers with disabilities less than the
minimum wage.

Wahoo!

And we also have the Access Technology Act (ATAA) introduced in House
and Senate both, which would create a tax credit of $2000 for the
purchase of technology such as a screen reader, note taker or CCTV.

I don’t know about you, but I would love to see some more cosponsors
on both these lists with “CO” after their names.  It’s a pride thing,
it’s a competitive thing.  Colorado is the best affiliate and we have
the best state convention in the country.  Let’s prove ourselves by
getting the best percentage of cosponsors on our national legislation!
 And we know that these bills are both important and the right thing
for our members of Congress to support, no matter which party.

Thus, your phone calls matter.  Call the senators and your own member
of the House of Representatives and ask them to cosponsor both of
these bills.  The easiest way of course is to call the Capitol
Switchboard, but I’ve also listed the direct number to each office
with the name of the member below.

When you call, tell them the two bill numbers and you want the member
to cosponsor them both. Mentioning that you are in the NFB and where
you live is also important.

I will be contacting the appropriate legislative aides for each of
them this week, but they will take greater notice if they’ve already
received a handful of calls.

So, let’s start calling!

Dan

Capitol Switchboard
202-224-3121.

Senate
S. 260 - the Transition to Competitive Employment Act (TCE)
[S. 815 Access Technology Affordability Act (ATAA)

Senator Michael Bennet
202-224-5852

Senator Cory Gardner
202-224-5941

House of Representatives
House - H.R. 873 the Transition to Competitive Employment Act (TCE)
H.R. 2086 Access Technology Affordability Act (ATAA)

Rep. Ken Buck
202-225-4676

Rep. Jason Crow
(202) 225-7882