[Colorado-Talk] National Convention Audio Highlights: Links Below

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 20:46:42 UTC 2019

Greetings Fellow Chapter Members:

For those of you who want to hear some of the audio from our recent national
convention in Las Vegas, I have copied a bunch of links below which point
directly to the audio files. The banquet speech from President Mark
Riccobono is also included. Happy listening.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

_____ Links Start here _____

*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/01_welcoming_ce
remonies.mp3> Welcoming Ceremonies (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/02_celebration_
of_freedom.mp3> Celebration of Freedom: Veterans Recognized (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/03_roll_call_of
_states.mp3> Roll Call of States and Appointment of Nominating Committee
(MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/04_presidential
_report.mp3> 2019 Presidential Report (Mark Riccobono) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/05_digital_equa
lity_and_the_myth_of_injustice.mp3> Digital Equality and the Myth of
Injustice: Equal Access for the Blind May Not Be Delayed (Eve Hill) MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/06_leadership_p
artnership_and_the_pusuit_of_financial_accessibility.mp3> Leadership,
Partnership, and the Pursuit of Financial Accessibility (Doug Marshall)
(MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/07_adding_value
_through_community_partnerships.mp3> Adding Value through Community
Partnerships with the Organized Blind (Anil Lewis, Kathy Martinez, Eve
Andersson) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/08_a_century_of
_advancing_literacy_for_the_blind.mp3> A Century of Advancing Literacy for
the Blind: A Legacy of Partnership with the Organized Blind Movement
(Barbara Loos, Marc Maurer) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/01_global_leade
rship_responsibility_and_technology.mp3> Global Leadership, Responsibility,
and Technology: Accessibility as a Core Value at Microsoft (Brad Smith)
(MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/02_a_platform_o
f_information_and_innovation.mp3> A Platform of Information and Innovation:
Insights into the Aira Ecosystem in Partnership with the Blind (Suman
Kanuganti) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/03_the_continue
d_signifigance_of_the_national_library_service.mp3> The Continued
Significance of the National Library Service for the Blind: Expanding
Braille and Implementing the Marrakesh Treaty (Karen Keninger) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/04_accelerating
_accessible_content.mp3> Accelerating Accessible Content: Progress through
the DAISY Consortium (Richard Orme) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/05_negotiation_
collaboration_and_expectations.mp3> Negotiation, Collaboration, and High
Expectations: The Journey of the Marrakesh Treaty to Facilitate Access to
Published Works for Persons Who Are Blind, Visually Impaired, or Otherwise
Print Disabled (Justin Hughes) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/06_expanding_op
portunities_protecting_rights.mp3> Expanding Opportunities, Protecting
Rights, and Ensuring Accountability: A Report from the Advocacy and Policy
Department (John Paré) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/01_bringing_the
_synergy_of_the_blindness_movement.mp3> Bringing the Synergy of the
Blindness Movement into Concentrated Programs: Blindness Initiatives at the
National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute (Anil Lewis) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/02_education_re
search_and_raising_expectations.mp3> Education, Research, and Raising
Expectations: Exploring Spatial Abilities and Training Blind Engineers
(Natalie Shaheen, Wade Goodridge) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/03_exploring_th
e_layers.mp3> Exploring the Layers: A Blind Researcher, Mom, and
Federationist Enhancing the Understanding of Disability (Angela Frederick)
(MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/04_cambiando_vi
das_en_la_frontera_de_tejas.mp3> Cambiando Vidas en la Frontera de Tejas
(Norma Crosby, Daniel Martinez, Raul Gallegos, Hilda Hernandez) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/05_led_by_the_b
lind.mp3> Led by the Blind: Bringing Authenticity to Services for the Blind
and Making Them Relevant to the Lives We Want to Live (Bryan Bashin) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/06_perspectives
_on_raising_the_bar.mp3> Perspectives on Raising the Bar in the Blindness
Field: Why a New Accreditation System? (Emily Coleman) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/07_we_know_who_
we_are.mp3> We Knew Who We Are, and We Will Never Go Back: Establishing the
Standard for Consumer-Driven Professional Development (Fred Schroeder) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/08_the_12th_ann
ual_dr_jacob_bolotin_awards.mp3> The Twelfth Annual Dr. Jacob Bolotin Awards
(James Gashel) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/09_electronic_b
raille_reimagined.mp3> Electronic Braille Reimagined: The Revolution of the
Canute 360 (Ed Rogers) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/10_the_next_gen
eration_of_innovations_in_access_tech.mp3> The Next Generation of
Innovations in Access Technology for the Blind: Customer-Driven Progress at
Humanware (Bruce Miles) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/11_the_driverle
ss_revolution.mp3> The Driverless Revolution: Setting a New Standard for
Transportation and Technology (Kyle Vogt) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/12_autonomous_v
ehichles.mp3> Autonomous Vehicles: Establishing Strong Policy for America's
Transportation Future (David Schwietert) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/13_blindness_ac
ross_borders.mp3> Blindness Across Borders: Perspectives on Independence and
Emerging Issues of Common Interest to the Blind around the World (Martine
Abel-Williamson) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/14_not_without_
question.mp3> Not without Question: The Difference of the Federation
Philosophy in Our Lives (Jean Brown) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/15_competing_on
_terms_of_equality_and_blending_in.mp3> Competing on Terms of Equality and
Blending In: Government Service with Federation Style (Kristen Cox) (MP3)
*
<https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/2019-convention-highlights/16_2019_banquet
_speech.mp3> 2019 Banquet Speech—Choice, Exploration, and Resistance: The
Road to Freedom for the Blind (Mark Riccobono) (MP3)

The En