[Colorado-Talk] Grand Junction Transportation Planning

Rob trebor681 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 21:27:37 UTC 2019

Good Afternoon,
In line with the communication regarding transportation and from the
western slope, I would like to share some information for the Grand Valley
2045 Transportation Plan. There is a website as the hub of information but
is a collaborative effort with concurrent planning including the statewide
CDOT Plan. More information and participation dates can be found here.

>From the website:

Project Background

The Grand Valley’s growing economic base, location, and high quality of
life have attracted new residential and commercial development over recent
years. This growth has resulted in changes in transportation needs and a
desire to ensure short-term action and a long-term vision for
transportation that meets the needs of the community.

The 2045 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) team will work with the
community to develop a framework for a balanced multimodal transportation
network building off the Grand Valley’s existing transportation system, and
addressing the region’s transportation needs and opportunities.

What is the 2045 Regional Transportation Plan and why are we updating the
2040 Plan?

   1. Identifies prioritized multimodal projects for implementation
   2. Ensures the vision, goals, and priorities reflect the desires of
   current community member
   3. Mandated to be updated every 5 years in order to qualify for Federal
   funding
   4. Reflect the quickly changing transportation industry, with
changes in technology
   and innovation

Link to 2045 Plan Website
https://gv2045rtp.com/

Link to Mesa County Regional Transportation Office
https://rtpo.mesacounty.us/

As a chapter, we have begun forming a committee to begin looking into this
information for the long term benefit of our members. Please let us know if
you have any questions of would like to join one of the meetings, we would
love to help introduce you to the team.

Rob Harris
Colorado Parents of Blind Children
NFBCO Graned Valley Chapter Treasurer