[Colorado-talk] ALERT, ALERT, ALERT, ALERT!!!! NFB VOTING RIGHTS BILL ON THE MOVE!!!!!

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Tue Mar 26 18:44:56 UTC 2019

Hello on this beautiful day in Colorado!!

As you know, the NFB of Colorado passed a resolution at our 2018 Convention
calling upon the General Assembly to adopt legislation making it possible
for us to vote via mail and to do so independently just like our sighted
peers.  On March 19, 2019, Senator Jessie Danielson introduced S.B. 19-202
which directs the Colorado Secretary of State to make mail ballots
accessible to the blind.  This would be accomplished through using assistive
technology and allowing us to mark our ballots in an accessible manner.

This bill will get its first hearing on Monday, April 1st at 1:30 in Senate
Committee Room 357 which is on the third floor of the Capitol building.  We
need everyone at the hearing!!!  Please attend!!!

Please stay tuned because we will be asking people to email members of the
Committee hearing this, the Senate Committee on State, Veterans, and
Military Affairs.

Thanks,

Scott