[Colorado-Talk] Checking Your Ballot Status and Voter Registration using Go Vote Colorado

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 03:11:21 UTC 2019

Greetings fellow Federationists:

If you already know that you can go to www.govotecolorado.com to check on
the status of your voter registration and/or your ballot, you should skip
the rest of this email. Read on if all of this is new information for you.

______________________________________

Among other things, the Go Vote Colorado <https://www.govotecolorado.com/>
website enables Colorado voters to:

1.	register to vote,
2.	update their information,
3.	change party affiliation or choose their primary ballot,
4.	check their ballot status, and
5.	find their polling location.

The above five services can be accessed by clicking (pressing Enter) on the
Find my registration-
<https://www.sos.state.co.us/voter/pages/pub/olvr/findVoterReg.xhtml>  link.

Learning the status of my ballot interested me, so I thought I would look
myself up. Lo and behold, I was able to learn that my ballot was received by
my county clerk and whether or not it had been accepted.

One interesting fact comes to mind. If you are a person with a disability
who wants to take advantage of the accessible ballot, there seems to be no
way currently to indicate that on your voter profile. Instead, for each
election, a person with a disability will need to visit the
www.myballot.sos.colorado.gov website to obtain his/her ballot.

Happy voting.

Best wishes,

Curtis Chong