[Colorado-Talk] Checking Your Ballot Status and Voter Registration using Go Vote Colorado

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 23:20:20 UTC 2019

Here's a reminder, because one person already related to me that they
at first missed that they needed to print two pages - their ballot and
the "Application". Well, they were so darn excited about being able to
vote online privately and independently, they almost mailed their
ballot without the second page. Read everything and follow the
directions!

That second page is called the "Application." On it you check a box
that says you are qualified to vote using this system because you have
a disability that is covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Well, that's really any blind person, but you *must* print this page
too. So, after you print your ballot (isn't this exciting?), then you
*must* continue to the next page. You find a page with your official
voter info. You click on the button below, which causes it to
download. This is a PDF and will also need to be printed.

And when you are done printing, you *must* sign this final page on the
bottom, pretty much anywhere. Follow the directions.

With that page signed, put both back in the ballot envelopes that came
in the mail. You can mail these, but it's getting close to the time
you'll want to just take them to a drop-off box in your county.

If you don't send in the application page with your signature, your
vote won't be counted. And that's *not* what we've been fighting for!

And it was worth fighting for!

Dan

On 10/23/19, Curtis Chong via Colorado-Talk <colorado-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Greetings fellow Federationists:
>

> If you already know that you can go to www.govotecolorado.com to check on
> the status of your voter registration and/or your ballot, you should skip
> the rest of this email. Read on if all of this is new information for you.
>

> ______________________________________
>

> Among other things, the Go Vote Colorado <https://www.govotecolorado.com/>
> website enables Colorado voters to:
>

> 1.	register to vote,
> 2.	update their information,
> 3.	change party affiliation or choose their primary ballot,
> 4.	check their ballot status, and
> 5.	find their polling location.
>

> The above five services can be accessed by clicking (pressing Enter) on the
> Find my registration-
> <https://www.sos.state.co.us/voter/pages/pub/olvr/findVoterReg.xhtml>
> link.
>

> Learning the status of my ballot interested me, so I thought I would look
> myself up. Lo and behold, I was able to learn that my ballot was received
> by
> my county clerk and whether or not it had been accepted.
>

> One interesting fact comes to mind. If you are a person with a disability
> who wants to take advantage of the accessible ballot, there seems to be no
> way currently to indicate that on your voter profile. Instead, for each
> election, a person with a disability will need to visit the
> www.myballot.sos.colorado.gov website to obtain his/her ballot.
>

> Happy voting.
>

> Best wishes,
>

> Curtis Chong

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Coordinator

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"