[Colorado-Talk] Transforming Everyone's Dreams into Reality

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Wed Oct 30 17:17:59 UTC 2019

Greetings Catherine. Thanks for the kind word. I am actually hoping folks will read it and comment when they have time. I personally think there was a big hole in my thesis. While attempting to be inclusive and honor the first African American woman to receive the Oscar, I feel I should have spent more time on the notion that she was criticized a great deal for her willingness to accept roles playing subservient, step-and-fetch-it characters. She said that given a choice between making $750 an hour to play a maid on the screen or $7.50 a day actually working as a maid, she would choose the former. Interesting perspective.

I look forward to comments on our Blogspot from others about any item we publish.

Good discussion for the convention.

Manager, Project Literacy

303-929-2369

 <http://www.nfbco.org/> www.nfbco.org