[Colorado-Talk] Let's Go Shopping official press release, Schedule, vendor list, and Zoom access info

Elegant Insights Braille Creations l.legendary at elegantinsightsjewelry.com
Fri Apr 3 02:04:32 UTC 2020

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

March 30, 2020

Stuck at home?  Let's Go Shopping!  Attend this online event that
brings together small businesses and the customers who need them.

Henderson, NV - Laura Legendary, owner of Elegant Insights Braille
Creations, has organized an all-day, online accessible experience for
seniors and consumers with disabilities called "Let's Go
Shopping!"  On Saturday, April 4th, from 7 AM PT to 7 PM PT, shoppers
will be able to call or connect to the Zoom platform to shop for
gifts for Easter, Passover, Mother's Day, graduations, or any
upcoming gift-giving occasion.  With millions of people in
self-isolation, getting out to shop is all but impossible for those
with limited mobility.

People with disabilities, seniors, and those in rural areas with
limited bandwidth or lack of access to help from their children,
in-home health care provider, or personal assistant may find
navigating web sites to go shopping online difficult.  "People with
print or cognitive disabilities who would normally have access to
assistive technology through their workplace, or a care worker who
they rely on to accomplish shopping tasks may now find themselves cut
off, thanks to the need to remain at home.  As a result, they may
find online shopping to be cognitively burdensome," says
Legendary.  "My goal with the Let's Go Shopping event was two-fold:
Not only to give micro businesses a boost, but to bring a virtual
shopping mall to customers," says Legendary, who is blind. "Besides,
we could all use a little retail therapy about now."

Attendees will access the live online mall using the Zoom Video
Conferencing platform.  Zoom has been a lifesaver for students and
parents who need to connect with teachers and colleagues.  Zoom
enables users to sign in using a desktop, laptop, smartphone app, or
even their landline telephone.  Brent Harbolt, of The Harbolt
Company, one of the participating vendors, has donated the Zoom room
for the event.  "Let's Go Shopping is an opportunity for me to reach
new customers who are looking for gadgets to make their life a little
easier, provide product descriptions, and directly answer people's
questions in real time," says Harbolt.

All of the small business owners participating in the "Let's Go
Shopping" event have a disability.  Vendors include A T Guys, Patti
and Ricky, GuideLights and Gadgets Inc., Elegant Insights Braille
Creations, Hartgen Consultancy, and more.  Shoppers will be able to
purchase artisan crafted dolls, home fragrance and beauty products,
independent living aids, adaptive apparel and accessories, ceramics,
and braille jewelry.

Elegant Insights Braille Creations is a distinctive, handcrafted
collection of jewelry and accessories, made in the USA, and embossed
in braille.  Founded in 2011 by Laura Legendary, Elegant Insights
jewelry is meaningful, unusual, accessible, and inclusive.  We bring
out the beauty of braille.

Contact:  Laura Legendary, Elegant Insights Braille Creations
702-605-1265
l.legendary at elegantinsightsjewelry.com
https://elegantinsightsjewelry.com

To attend, use any of the following Zoom links or appropriate phone
numbers for your area:
Join Zoom Meeting from your computer or mobile device with zoom app
installed. (needs meeting ID.)
Meeting ID: 287 180 525

https://zoom.us/j/287180525

One tap join from your mobile device. (does not require meeting ID.)

+16699006833,,287180525# US (San Jose)
+13462487799,,287180525# US (Houston)

Dial by your location on a land line phone. (needs meeting ID.)
Meeting ID: 287 180 525

         +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
         +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
         +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)