[Colorado-Talk] Contact7 getting results: Belmar crosswalk signals causing problems

sandy schleich saschleich7 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 01:14:07 UTC 2020

I definitely can agree with these problems that are talked about in this
article. I’ve never been to Lakewood but I know down here in Pueblo we’re
having some of the same issues. I was crossing the street today and I
thought I was going to get hit by a car because I could not hear the cross
signal. And it isn’t one of those four-way stops it is one of those
crosswalks that’s in the middle of the street. They definitely don’t give
you enough time to get across the street. I don’t like to try to rely on
those talking buttons to tell me when I can or can’t cross the street
because they are so quiet. But they are nice to have in places where it’s
just a crosswalk across a busy street but they’re only helpful if you can
hear them. I have noticed that you can hear them until you get to a certain
part of the street and then you can’t hear them at all. The strange thing
is is that they only talk on one side of the street but when you get to the
other side of the street they don’t talk at all. That definitely needs to
be fixed. from what I understand those things are very expensive to put in
so they don’t always happen quickly.