[Colorado-Talk] Contact7 getting results: Belmar crosswalk signals causing problems

Jd Holcomb jdholcomb79 at icloud.com
Sun Jan 19 15:28:34 UTC 2020

Oh, I’ll tell you what I think, If I had to rely on a buzzard across the streets that I cross, I would never get across because there is no buzzers., What happens when the buzzer is broken, do you just stay home? Also, I feel there needs to be a universal design Which this will include so many different aspects we won’t list them all here. In my experience consistency with audio cues is important and I find  different audio cues at different intersections all over The place. So, to maintain a constant I just use the traffic flow mostly, mixed with a little instinct. The latter is what usually gets me in trouble, Oh it does create excitement
In my opinion, Blind travel can be the most frustrating and the most rewarding, due to the level of difficulty. What do you do when there’s no buzzers no buttons, No traffic? I believe all those situations fall to the wild wild West Code Which I believe to beI Is, watching Your backside and get Two To moving.
I think the solution to the intersection dilemma may B achieved by looking at Creating mor  and better defined lanes of traffic Which includes cars, buses, trucks,, bicycles, pedestrians, And even drones. This is obviously something to work towards in the future, But for now, I believe the traffic light cycle is Dangerously inadequate. they should be set to allow adequate time for a four-year-old to cross the street. Now, I am not In anyway advocating for four-year-olds crossing the street by themselves.Furthermo Furthermore, what you do or do not allow your children to do is none of my business, But to my point I cannot walk across the lighted intersections with my nephew at his pace without us being squished.
so what do we want?
 Universal design for all traffic Flow indicators
Premier pedestrian lanes for all roads.
Longer time to cross all intersections That have lights.
Lastly, explore possible ways to make an efficient and effective tactile crosswalk on intersections.
Well this is what I think and believe if I’m completely off-base let me know so we can focus our efforts towards creating a brighter future.

Jedediah Holcomb