[Colorado-Talk] Breaking 300

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Tue Jun 9 16:36:20 UTC 2020

Dear friends,

We know that the convention of the National Federation of the Blind always
has content that is illuminating, empowering, and fun. Whether you are blind
vendor, parent of a blind child, sighted family of a person who is blind it
doesn't matter where you live in our great community or what you do. I
guarantee you will benefit from checking out our national convention. I
guarantee you have friends or family members who might want to win a door
prize or take advantage of some other aspects of the convention. So, please
take a few moments and register. You probably know by now that registration
is free <https://www.nfb.org/registration> . The deadline is June 15. We in
the National Federation of the Blind warmly invite all of our fellow
citizens to join the convention of the National Federation of the Blind. I
remember the first time my parents, who were sighted, attended national
convention. They had a ball! They particularly enjoyed the presidential
report, the roll call of states, and the banquet address. Mom and Dad were
able to learn what the Federation was truly about. They sat in on the
Merchants division meeting, the Guide Dog division meeting, and the
Performing Arts division meeting. They attended 12 more national conventions
and became active members of our Federation family.

This may be your opportunity to introduce one of your family members,
friends, or neighbors to our convention. Nothing wrong with a little
proselytizing.

Have you ever returned from convention and have someone ask, "what the heck
is that all about? What do you people do at that convention all week
anyway?"  Well, here is a chance for your buddies to get a taste of our
convention program content.

Remember, no airline ticket. No banquet ticket. No $35 breakfast buffet. No
hotel room cost. But all of the fun and festivities on your phone,
smartphone app, or computer.

We will help anyone who needs help registering. With your help we will help
folks get online and get acclimated to the virtual convention. I am sure we
will also have some convention training calls.

Let's rock this! The goal is more than 300 from Colorado.

If you register <https://www.nfb.org/registration>  some folks, share your
successes. Let your colleagues know how you are doing it.

400?

Manager, Project Literacy

303-929-2369

 <http://www.nfbco.org/> www.nfbco.org