[Colorado-Talk] NFB DEnver Chapter Meeting Next Saturday- and Don't Forget to Register for NFB2020

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 00:20:37 UTC 2020

Greetings!

Our chapter meeting will be next Saturday, July 20 from 10 a.m. to
noon, or thereabouts. We hope you will grab a cup of coffee or iced
tea and join us for fun, facts and friends!

But even before that, the deadline to register for the NFB 2020
Virtual Convention is Monday, June 15. At least, that’s the deadline
if you want to be eligible for a door prize

It’s easy, it’s free, and it’s right in your living room or, even
better, sitting out on the patio on a lovely Colorado evening with
your phone or tablet! The convention is July 14 to 18. Let’s get all
of our Colorado members and friends signed up! If you need assistance
or know someone who does, have them email or call me at 406-546-8546.

Register now!

https://www.nfb.org/registration

This June meeting will again be on Zoom, and the meeting info is at
the end of this message.

On our agenda will be President Riccobono’s open letter to members on
the subject of the death of George Floyd at the hands of a Minneapolis
policeman and the outcry that has filled the streets of American
cities with protesters, “Love Conquers Hate.” Darian Smith, who chairs
the NFBCO’s Diversity Committee, will facilitate our discussion of
this letter and what it means to all of us. The link is below, as is
the link to the statement from the National Federation of the Blind
Board of Directors that followed a few days later.

And then after that we’ll prepare for the 2020 convention by playing a
game show involving questions about the National Federation of the
Blind and its leaders, achievements and so forth. You may not know all
the answers, but that means you’ll learn some things about the
National Federation of the Blind!

# # # #

On Sunday, May 31, 2020, President Mark Riccobono published and
distributed “Love Conquers Hate: An Open letter to the Members of the
National Federation of the Blind”
https://www.nfb.org/blog/open-letter-members-national-federation-blind

On June 4, 2020, the NFB Board of Directors released the following
statement, National Federation of the Blind Stands in Solidarity with
All Those Impacted by Racial Injustice, which President Riccobono read
that night on the June Live Presidential Release.

https://www.nfb.org/about-us/press-room/national-federation-blind-stands-solidarity-all-those-impacted-racial-injustice

In the June 10 edition of The Blind Coloradan, the NFBCO’s online
newsletter, you will find an excellent article by Scott LaBarre
concerning his own personal reflection on implicit bias. And there’s
an article from our own Jen Spears on being a working mom going to
college online.

Check out this issue!

https://theblindcoloradan.blogspot.com/

# # # #

Zoom Meeting Info
Saturday, June 20, 2020
10 a.m. to Noon

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/213957100

Meeting ID: 213 957 100

Local Call: 720-707-2699

One tap mobile
7207072699,,213957100#
+13462487799,,213957100# US (Houston)
+16699009128,,213957100# US (San Jose)

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Coordinator

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"