[Colorado-Talk] Fwd: Join us at 7 p.m. on Friday for a COVID-19 Moment of Remembrance

Kevan Worley kevanworley at worleyenterprises.com
Fri May 15 18:35:42 UTC 2020

Begin forwarded message:

From: Office of the Governor <GovernorPolis at state.co.us>
Date: May 14, 2020 at 5:33:12 PM MDT
To: Kevan Worley <kevanworley at worleyenterprises.com>
Subject: Join us at 7 p.m. on Friday for a COVID-19 Moment of Remembrance

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/2f8c13265d732def606abdef0/images/49da3b1f-a45c-42d3-81d8-4a627098f6ae.png] <https://colorado.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2f8c13265d732def606abdef0&id=9936cedbb0&e=82ed2eaef0>
May 2020
Day of Remembrance
________________________________

Tomorrow evening, Friday, May 15, at 7 p.m. MT, Gov. Jared Polis, individuals, and communities across Colorado will come together to honor and remember the more than 1,000 Coloradans that we have lost to COVID-19, and more than 300,000 who have lost their lives across the world.

It’s important to remember that those we have lost are more than just numbers on a page, or lines on a graph, or an obituary in the local newspaper. Every person we have lost to this horrible pandemic has a story and a community of loved ones in mourning. Because of the nature of this virus, most of those we have lost passed away without the comfort of having loved ones by their side, and many have not had proper in-person funerals, remembrances, or wakes. It’s on all of us to come together to support each other during these times of such agonizing grief.

To recognize the Day of Remembrance, the State Capitol, along with cities, counties and other organizations, will be turning their lights red at 7:00 p.m. to honor those who have fallen victim to this deadly virus. The state is encouraging buildings and businesses across the state to turn their lights red at 7:00 p.m. and for police and fire departments to turn their lights on at 7:00 p.m. for one minute.

[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/SRe9kFREosl-j4pt3f3do2n_tMqT-jX4ZgrbXJsyzk6EIJKdLOqu0uoUcbBU_IVwZmWmnPr0hRpV62faok4LVumA8ySZrcuMMBQB_vqa9ok0DBzsOlrrscIkS7iBxIMZLGPoHOu_]     [https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/BCUsriVQnCYI_U050xpT_5coDpg5eIvy-4CrNjKynSAwuPgYgxTd5sc4qQLwdBtq32Un-QJC6c_9OQ82x4Ky2UtFPMNI3lsYqtsBDDUEmlY0r4356pPZio8wha4HddWkl6wOci5C]

A list of participating communities and organizations are at the bottom of this email.

Friday, May 15 is also Peace Officers Memorial Day, which the state will commemorate by lowering flags to half staff, and we encourage Coloradans across our state to commemorate those in the law enforcement community that we have lost as well.

While we can’t come together physically to remember those who have passed, we are encouraging Coloradans to put on a mask or face covering and observe a moment of silence at 7:00 p.m. so we can all reflect on why we are all being asked to sacrifice: to prevent more unnecessary deaths. We also encourage Coloradans to post on social media to raise awareness about the remembrance event and to send a message to those who are struggling that you are not alone, that we’re all in this together, and that we need to continue to stay home, keep our distance, wear masks, and practice proper hygiene to defeat this virus.

As of Thursday at noon, the following cities, counties have confirmed that they will participate:

City and County of Broomfield

City of Lone Tree

Town of Kersey

City and County of Denver

City of Louisville

Town of Lyons

City of Alamosa

City of Loveland

Town of Mancos

City of Arvada

City of Manitou Springs

Town of Monument

City of Aurora

City of Northglenn

Town of Morrison

City of Boulder

City of Pueblo

Town of Mountain Village

City of Burlington

City of Sheridan

Town of Mt. Crested Butte

City of Castle Pines

City of Thornton

Town of Nederland

City of Centennial

City of Victor

Town of Oak Creek

City of Colorado Springs

City of Westminster

Town of Pagosa Springs

City of Commerce City

City of Wheat Ridge

Town of Palisade

City of Craig

City of Woodland Park

Town of Paonia

City of Dacono

City of Yuma

Town of Parachute

City of Durango

Commerce City

Town of Parker

City of Edgewater

Town of Avon

Town of Rangely

City of Englewood

Town of Bennett

Town of Red Cliff

City of Federal Heights

Town of Blue River

Town of Severance

City of Fort Collins

Town of Breckenridge

Town of Silverthorne

City of Fort Morgan

Town of Carbondale

Town of Silverton

City of Fountain

Town of Crested Butte

Town of Telluride

City of Fruita

Town of Dillon

Town of Vail

City of Glendale

Town of Dolores

Adams County

City of Glenwood Springs

Town of Elizabeth

Boulder County

City of Grand Junction

Town of Estes Park

Douglas County

City of Greeley

Town of Frederick

Elbert County

City of Greenwood Village

Town of Frisco

Lake County

City of Gunnison

Town of Garden City

Las Animas County

City of La Junta

Town of Granby

Las Animas County

City of Lafayette

Town of Grand Lake

Park County

City of Lakewood

Town of Green Mountain Falls

Pueblo County

City of Lamar

Town of Gypsum

Summit County

City of Littleton

Town of Keenesburg

The following sports organizations have confirmed that they will participate:

Kroenke Sports & Entertainment

at the Pepsi Center

Empower Field

at Mile High

Colorado Rockies

at Coors Field

[Facebook]<https://colorado.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2f8c13265d732def606abdef0&id=762f73f94c&e=82ed2eaef0>
[Twitter]<https://colorado.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2f8c13265d732def606abdef0&id=490e1bfc62&e=82ed2eaef0>
[Link]<https://colorado.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2f8c13265d732def606abdef0&id=e884b574db&e=82ed2eaef0>
[Website]<https://colorado.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2f8c13265d732def606abdef0&id=1556bdcb04&e=82ed2eaef0>
Copyright © 2019 Office of Governor Jared Polis, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Office of Governor Jared Polis
136 State Capitol
Denver, Colorado 80203