[Colorado-Talk] Oxygen tanks

Jim Wolcott jimwolcott8 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 00:57:54 UTC 2020

A lot of people when there doctor puts them on oxygen are given an oxygen concentrator which plugs in to an outlet and oxygen tanks for at least 6 months. Some after that time May request a poc (portable oxygen concentrator). The tanks have a device on top that meter how many ltrs. Are needed and continues or pulse. They all have a gauge to how much oxygen is in the tank. My question is are the blind people using these tanks and how do they know how much time they have before the tank is empty. I have been using these tanks for most of a year. I have some sight and have to raise the tank to my nose and hoping that the light is good, in order to read the gauge. I have asked the oxygen provider if they had anything with a larger dial or an audible way to let us know when the tank is about empty. I had a bad experience one time where I did run empty and did not know until much later. I was getting completely disoriented and took a very long time to get home. Is there a need to get more information to see if there is a need to have a dialogue with the manufacturers.

Sent from Jim’s I pad