[Colorado-Talk] Zoom Not Connecting Audio When Joining a Zoom Meeting

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 18:26:53 UTC 2020

Hello everyone:

Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, I have developed quite a bit of experience
serving as host for a lot of Zoom meetings. In this capacity, I have
observed quite a few people joining the meeting with no audio connected.
This usually means that they are unable to hear what is going on. Moreover,
they cannot let someone know that they need help connecting to the meeting
audio. If you routinely participate in Zoom meetings using the Zoom app on
your smartphone or the Zoom client on your computer, you have probably been
bothered by this problem.

Like many of you, I am personally annoyed that, by default, the Zoom
software does not automatically connect to a meeting's audio after we have
properly joined a Zoom meeting. There is a setting that can be changed to
alleviate this problem. If you are one of those people who are experiencing
this problem and want to fix it, please feel free to reach out to me via
email at chong.curtis at gmail.com.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong