[Colorado-Talk] Tactile Art Club Reminder - Tuesday, Jan 19 (5pm MT to 6:30pm MT) - Paper Snowflakes

Rishika Kartik rishikakartik at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 05:18:41 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone!

Here is a quick reminder to join us for the first virtual Tactile Art Club
meeting for 2021 via zoom (Tuesday, January 19th, 2021 from 5pm MT to
6:30pm MT).  We will be creating unique paper snowflakes to reflect on your
resolutions and hopes for the new year! Bring your creativity, your
positivity, and your imagination.
Materials needed are paper (around 6 sheets), tape, and scissors.

We will also do a quick recap on all the art forms and mediums we have
worked on in 2020 and plan for more fun sessions in 2021. We can't wait to
create with all of you!

Warm regards,

Rishika Rishika Studio <https://www.rishikastudio.com/>

*Tactile Art Club Zoom MeetingTime: Jan 19, 2021 05:00 PM Mountain Time (US
and Canada)*

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87612166273?pwd=TFZtRDFXeXQ0WDBrNEIwWkpKMG1Odz09

Meeting ID: 876 1216 6273
Passcode: 730660
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,87612166273#,,,,*730660# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,87612166273#,,,,*730660# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 876 1216 6273
Passcode: 730660
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbDw8I8H5e

*Instructions for Paper Snowflakes: *

   1.

   Create a square out of your paper.  To do so, simply fold the top,
   shorter edge over to meet the longer, perpendicular edge of the paper.
   2.

   Fold the square in half diagonally
   3.

   Fold the triangle in half diagonally again
   4.

   Cut 3 slits along the bottom folded edge of the triangle. The cuts
   should be parallel to the longest side of the triangle
   -

      The first slit should be the longest (an inch or so away from the
      edge). Make sure you do not cut all the way through. Keep an inch or so
      between the cuts, and make each subsequent cut around an inch
smaller than
      the previous one.
      5.

   Unfold the paper so it is flat. Orient it so that one point of the
   square is directly facing you
   6.

   In the center of the diamond, pick up the innermost paper flaps and roll
   them together to form a tube. Tape this tube together
   7.

   Flip the diamond over to the other side of the paper.  Take the next two
   paper flaps and tape them together on the opposite side of the tube
   8.

   Keep flipping your paper over and taping flaps together until all paper
   lines have been joined. This is now one point of your snowflake
   9.

   Repeat steps 1-9 for how many points you want your snowflake to have
   10.

   Tape all points of the snowflake together in a center point and enjoy
   your artwork!

--
Rishika Kartik
*she/her/hers*