[Colorado-Talk] Fwd: Announcing Denver Chapter Silent Holiday Auction!

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 23:34:05 UTC 2021

Good afternoon -

I sent the announcement below out a little while ago, and I hear that
the high bid on the holiday pillow is already up to $50.
# # #

As announced at this morning's Denver Chapter meeting, we have a
silent auction beginning today and closing after our December 11
chapter meeting.

Yolanda Thompson has donated to of her lovely craft creations with
holiday themes for a silent auction - a lovely necklace and fluffy
hand-knitted pillow. I'm not doing them justice; both are described in
detail below.

To make a bid on one of the items, you will do so by emailing Yolanda
at ylt999 at gmail.com. I will provide regular updates as to the highest
bid, so you better stop deleting my emails without reading them!
(grin)

Bidding for both items begins at $15. This is low in my view, but it
will jump up pretty quickly because these are so lovely and because
they are hand-made! Of course, this is a fund-raiser for the Denver
Chapter.

Here are the descriptions:

Yolanda's Christmas Necklace

The Center Charm is a sterling silver snowflake with a blue gem in the center
On either side of the snowflake is a clear bicone bead
There are Blue shiny bicone beads on the outside of the clear ones.
On either side of the shiny blue bicone beads are gold natural jasper beads.

That is the center part. I will now describe one side because the
other side is equal to offer symmetry

Moving up the strand from the Golden Jasper bead is a silver spacer
bead 4mm Then two strands of seed beads one gold the other transparent
aqua for an inch. Another silver spacer bead, a golden jasper bead
blue shiny bicone, clear bicone then a sterling silver snowman charm
followed by clear bicone, shiny bicone bead, golden jasper bead,
silver spacer bead, two strands of seed beads in aqua transparent and
gold, then gold jasper, clear, shiny blue, clear, followed by two and
a half inches of aqua transparent beads a clear bicone bead and the
strand is finished with pastel blue beads.

Yolanda's Christmas Pillow

This is a very fluffy 24-inch square hand-knitted sofa pillow. Each
side has four squares.

Front side top left:
Green background with a tactile red Santa hat. There is a tactile
circle towards the bottom that is indicative of where the head would
go on up to where the hat flops over and goes down to the pointy part.

Front side Right top corner
White background with a tactile Christmas tree made of green with a brown trunk

Bottom Left corner

Red background with Tactile Green Holly Leaves

Bottom right corner

Green background with a red tactile Santa stocking with its little
loop for hanging from the chimney

Backside Square behind Santa hat is Red with the kitty corner one in
red as well. The backside of the Christmas tree is a green square with
the Kitty corner in green as well.

The trim between the squares is white and the trim on the entire
outside of the pillow is white.

Again, to bid, email Yolanda at

ylt999 at gmail.com

Thanks,
Dan

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Co-chair

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"