[Colorado-Talk] Fwd: Denver Chapter Meeting Saturday on Zoom

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 13:57:11 UTC 2021

This went out to Dener Chapter members, and wanted to share it will
this list, too.

We will meet this Saturday, October 16 from 10 a.m. to noon on Zoom.

It's the last meeting before the 2021 NFB of Colorado convention,
October 28 to 31, and we'll be talking about the convention on
Saturday, you can bet.

But before Saturday comes Wednesday, and that's the last day to make
reservations at the Marriott Denver South if you plan to attend in
person. The NFBCO room rate is $104 a night.  There is no limit on
room occupancy. To reserve your room, call the hotel at 303-925-0004.
You will need to press 1 for reservations which will take you to the
Marriott 1-800 number call center.  You must mention that you are with
the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado.  If they cannot find
our block under our full name, try asking for NFB.  If this still
doesn't work please contact Lisa Bonderson, at 303-504-5979.

Time is short! Remember, deadline for rooms is October 13!

Registration deadline for the convention, on the other hand, is
Saturday, and includes the in-person option as well as a virtual
option.

Find out more and register
here!<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nfbco.org%2Fnfbco-state-convention-review%2Fregistration-for-nfbco-convention&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEsPMyu9qE8QdfxD0w5EAjKeD4FpA>

What else will be on the agenda for Saturday?
Well, it's the season of coordinated local elections. However, our
ballots also include several statewide issues. This election is
significant for blind and other print-disabled voters, though, because
our efforts in the 2021 Legislature with SB21-188  result in this
being the first election that we as blind voters can not only vote
online accessibly, but we can also return our ballots electronically.
Yes, no need to print, sign and mail back our ballots. We'll walk
through the process in this month's chapter meeting.

You don't want to miss it! See you at 10 a.m. on Saturday. The Zoom
info follows.

Dan Burke, Chapter President
NFB of Denver Chapter Meeting Zoom

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86765164389

Meeting ID: 867 6516 4389

Local Call: 720-707-2699

One tap mobile
7207072699,,86765164389

# # # #

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Co-chair

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"