[Colorado-Talk] The Passing of James Omvig

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 19:32:31 UTC 2022

Greetings:

It is with profound sadness that I pass along the following sad news passed
along by Scott Van Gorp, President, National Federation of the Blind of
Iowa.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

<Begin Excerpt>

Good Morning Federation Family:

It is with profound sadness that I write to inform you of the passing of a
great friend and colleague in the movement, Jim Omvig, early this morning,
April 27th. Jim has been an instrumental part of the Federation past and
present, and he was also a friend and driving force  at the Iowa Department
for the Blind. His work in both of these arenas is well documented. His love
for the Federation, passion for the welfare of the blind, and drive to see
blind people live the lives they want will be truly missed. As I receive
more information, I will pass it on. Our thoughts and prayers go out to
Sharon and the rest of the family during this time. There is so much that
could be said about Jim, and there will be time for that. For now, let's
remember him as a friend, mentor, and brother in the movement always!

Scott Van Gorp, President

Phone: 515-720-5282

Email <mailto:svangorp at nfbi.org>

<End Excerpt>