[Colorado-Talk] This is personal!

Kevan Worley kevanworley at worleyenterprises.com
Wed Apr 27 19:57:32 UTC 2022

Dear friend,

You may be accustomed to receiving an email from me about, NFB, Worley Enterprises, Blind Merchants, or the social work for which I care so much, but this, this, on this day is personal. I am writing to you on the one-year anniversary of the passing of my dear wife Bridget. Rather than mourn this incredible personal loss I would like to pay tribute by asking you to help me do something positive for our community. Please consider helping no matter where you are. Bridget absolutely adored Yolanda Avila. Bridget supported Yolanda’s community work to lift people up, which has been extensive. Bridget would be so proud that I am spending a great deal of personal time to support Yolanda’s campaign for Colorado Senate District 11.

Yolanda is a member of The National Federation of The Blind. She is also a Latina woman who truly believes in equality of opportunity. She will bring her demonstrated capacity and huge heart to the state senate. Her roots are in our community. Yolanda’s mother is a recognized heroine who made an extraordinary impact wherever she went. She is even recognized in our Pioneers Museum. This legacy has empowered Yolanda to bring her strong advocacy in the area of affordable housing, criminal justice reform, transportation, environmental justice, and amazing economic development for all in southeast Colorado Springs. Her impact has been immeasurable. In my 30 years, observing the politics, policies, activists, and economic development in southeast colorado springs I have never witnessed anyone who has made the kind of impact on the lives of real people that Yolanda has had. If you have already given. I thank you. Some of you receiving this have. You are the best!

Yolanda has an important fundraising deadline tonight  and she needs our help to meet her April goal and prove she is the woman for the job! Could you please consider contributing $25 to Yolanda's campaign before Wednesday at midnight?<https://secure.actblue.com/donate/yolanda-for-all> The max contribution you can give is $400. Please join me in supporting Yolanda!  Yolanda is also hosting a Campaign Kickoff Wednesday from 5:30-8pm. Please RSVP here<https://secure.actblue.com/donate/yolandakickoff22> for a chance to meet Yolanda and learn more about her vision for Southeast Colorado Springs.”

Finally, if you have a spouse and they have not donated yet, please encourage them to match your contribution!

Thank you so much for all of your support throughout this campaign, we could not do this without you.

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/yolanda-for-all.<https://secure.actblue.com/donate/yolanda-for-all>