[Colorado-Talk] Fw: Paver Preview edge delineation changes

Cody Bair codyjbair at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 00:49:50 UTC 2022

 I would encourage everyone to go check out these new pavers once they are available. Our feedback is critical in shaping the future of the mall!

Thanks,
Cody
    ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Brenda Tierney <brendat at cig-pr.com>To: Veldkamp, Molly - DOTI Project Manager II <molly.veldkamp at denvergov.org>Sent: Thursday, December 8, 2022, 02:39:15 PM MSTSubject: Paver Preview edge delineation changes

Dear Mall Champions and Focus Group Members:
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the 16th Street Mall’s new granite paver system and curbless configuration displayed at the paver preview on the Mall starting in August.

Your feedback and comments led to a thorough technical evaluation of the edge delineation. As a result, the project team has changed the design and will be installing a more detectable edge delineation next week. The update features a smaller, cobbled paver to better define the boundary between the transit and amenity zones. The more detectable edge delineation will be displayed next to the original design to easily compare the original and updated finishes side by side. The photo shows the edge delineation location and where the new and original pavers will be located. The project team will replace a little over half of the edge delineation with new pavers, leaving slightly less than half in the original condition.

You are welcome to stop by and experience the final design at your convenience at The Outer Space at 16th and Welton Street starting late next week. We plan to host an in-person event with project team members available after the New Year in mid-January, date and time to be determined.

 Photo of paver preview with original and new edge delineation locations highlighted.

Brenda Tierney
Director of Public Engagement

C 303-884-2069
E brendat at cig-pr.com W cig-pr.com