[Colorado-Talk] NVDA Can Be Redirected to Another Audio Device!

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 17:25:05 UTC 2022

Greetings all:

For quite some time now, I have been aware that the JAWS screen reader can
be configured to direct speech output to an audio device that is different
from the one which Windows is using. At long last (I don't know why this has
taken me this long), I finally discovered how to redirect NVDA's speech
output to another sound card or audio device on your computer. For anyone
who uses NVDA and wishes to share audio during a Zoom meeting, this
information should be quite useful.

1.      Press control with the NVDA key and s to open NVDA's Synthesizer
dialog.

2.      Tab once to get to the Audio Output Device combo box.

3.      use your down arrow key to move through to and select the audio
device you want.

4       Tab to and activate the OK button. That is when NVDA's output will
now be generated through the alternate audio device.

HTH

Kindly,

Curtis Chong