[Colorado-Talk] Student Network 22! Saturday, March 26th 1pm in person and over zoom

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Tue Mar 15 17:43:00 UTC 2022

We will hold this high-energy hybrid info and networking gathering both in
person at the Colorado Center For The Blind, and over Zoom.  We will be
counting on you students to find other students and urge them to join you at
Student Network 22 on Saturday, March 26 from 1 pm-3 pm. Register now! Call
303-778-1130  X219 or email assistance at nfbco.org. We will be talking about
scholarships for blind students. We will be able to assist students who may
have questions about scholarship process. Student Network 22 will be only 5
days prior to our NFB National Scholarship deadline. Student Network 22 will
take place only 20 days prior to our NFBCO state scholarship deadline.

*	Counselors from the division of vocational rehabilitation will be on
hand to answer questions.
*	You will have the opportunity to hear from and visit with the
president of the National Federation Of The Blind Of Colorado, Jessica
Beecham. Jessica is a former national scholarship winner. For many years she
chaired our state scholarship committee. She is now a successful
entrepreneur and accomplished long-distance runner.
*	Students will have an opportunity to meet and interact with staff
and students at our Colorado Center for The blind CCB. (The center) The
center offers many students an opportunity for blindness immersion training.
Many college students find this program empowering either prior to or at
some point during their college experience. You will learn about the ways
that the center provides training to build solid blindness skills and
attitudes and approaches for success!
*	Inclusion, equity, and diversity. You will hear from students and
blind role models who will be on hand to talk about the diversity and
challenges all legally blind students experience and share.
*	Students will be able to participate in informative and fun
improvisational exercises for laughs and insight. These exercises will be
led by noted improv facilitator Maryann Megs Migliorelli.
*	Is there a guide dog in your future? Meet successful guide dog
handlers and their dogs.
*	There will be much more.

If you know of Colorado College students, high school college-bound
students, teachers,  counselors, or parents who you think should know about
student netwok22? Please invite them. We will make this student-led event
informative, motivating and fun. We will need your help! Please be in touch
with me with ideas, offers to help, and any student contacts you have
303-929-2369. Legally blind students. You really can live the lives you
want!