[Colorado-Talk] State convention, request for proposal deadline, NFB Northern Colorado Chapter update and more

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Wed Sep 14 18:51:42 UTC 2022

Greetings friends,

There is so much happening. I wanted to provide you all a few details about
NFBCO fall happenings. First, FAST Saturdays for Denver Metro Area families
with blind youth are well underway. Contact Anahit LaBarre at 303-778-1130
labarretravel at msn.com <mailto:labarretravel at msn.com> .

And wasn't the NFB 6 Dot Dash a great event? Congratulations to the planning
and execution team! We did not let the rain stop us. Thanks to our sponsors,
exhibitors, race participants, fundraisers, and our great students and staff
at CCB. There will be a full report at the upcoming Greely state convention.

Auction! Auction! Auction! One of the highlights of our NFB state
convention, the last weekend of October, is the excitement of bidding on
various quality auction merchandise. Will you help? We need auction items.
We challenge chapters, individuals, divisions, and all our wonderful
partners and sponsors to seek and contribute auction items. Auction items
should be worth at least $100. Think about being creative. Gift baskets,
hotel accommodations, timeshare opportunities, restaurant certificates,
beautiful homemade items, and more are welcome. This is one of our most
important convention fundraisers. Please contact me for more information. I
am your auction chair this year. I know I will have the assistance of
Maryann Migliorelli and Gary Vandorn. Maryann has been our amazing auction
chair for many years, and we can always count on Gary to do what needs
doing.

Last month we organized a chapter in northern Colorado. The next chapter
meeting of NFB/NOCO will be held this coming Tuesday evening, 6 pm, at The
Old Town Library 201 Peterson St Fort Collins 80524. We know that public
transportation is extremely limited in the Fort Collins area. We will do
what we can to provide some transportation. If you require assistance,
please be in touch with me. We also plan to have this meeting both in person
and over Zoom. Details forthcoming.

We have received several proposals for convention programming. If you or an
entente you know of are interested in providing a seminar for the upcoming
state convention, please do so by the end of the day, Saturday, September
17. Those who the committee selects will be notified on or about the 27th of
this month. Chapters, individuals, organizations, companies, and learning
institutions are all welcome to submit proposals for the afternoons of
Friday, October 28, and Saturday, October 29, at the Greely convention. For
all that information, please contact me, and I will send you the request for
proposal. We already have several outstanding learning opportunity
submissions.

Are you coming to the convention? It's going to be a fabulous one!

CONVENTION BULLETIN 1!

THE BLIND OF COLORADO LIVING THE LIVES WE WANT!

THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

OF COLORADO

68th ANNUAL STATE CONVENTION

October 27 through October 30

The 68th Annual State Convention will kick off with a BANG on Thursday,
October 27, in Greeley, Colorado, with an interactive and inspiring seminar
on knowing our history and building our future and your chance to play in a
mini goalball tournament. If playing goalball is not for you, don't worry.
We are providing audio descriptions, so spectating will be more fun than
ever. The programming will continue all weekend long with exhibitors,
informative and inspiring presentations during general sessions, additional
breakout seminars including meetings of several special interest divisions,
interactive and exciting social events, and much more! Please make plans to
join us Friday night for a LIVE Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre! Bring your
best sleuthing skills, and we will provide the heavy hors d'oeuvres and cash
bar!

Once again, our convention will be hybrid, so we hope you join us in person,
but if that does not work best for you and your health, you can still be
eligible for door prizes by paying the registration fee of $20. Stay tuned
for a full convention agenda slated to be released in early October. We will
also be sending updates throughout the rest of the summer.

THE NFBCO CONVENTION HOTEL:  Our 2022 convention will be held at the
DoubleTree by Hilton Greeley at Lincoln Park, located at 919 7th St.,
Greeley, Colorado, 80631. Our convention hotel is one block from downtown
Greeley's Union Colony Civic Center. Local attractions like the Moxi Theater
and Doug's Diner are within walking distance and are two miles from the
University of Northern Colorado. Relax in the indoor pool and outdoor hot
tub. Every stay starts with a warm chocolate chip cookie. When you add in
over 300 of your favorite blind friends, you have one FANTASTIC NFBCO
convention!

HOTEL ROOM RATES:  The NFBCO room rate is $109 a night. There is no limit on
room occupancy. Reservations MUST be made by Friday, September 23.

To reserve your room, call the hotel reservation line at 844-570-7816 and
use group code "NFB." Please contact Lisa Bonderson at 303-504-5979 if you
have any issues making a reservation.

Reserve your room online.
https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/rooms/?ctyhocn=DENGCDT
<https://www.hilton.com/en/book/reservation/rooms/?ctyhocn=DENGCDT&arrivalDa
te=2022-10-27&departureDate=2022-10-30&groupCode=CDTNFB&room1NumAdults=1&cid
=OM%2CWW%2CHILTONLINK%2CEN%2CDirectLink>
&arrivalDate=2022-10-27&departureDate=2022-10-30&groupCode=CDTNFB&room1NumAd
ults=1&cid=OM%2CWW%2CHILTONLINK%2CEN%2CDirectLink.

TRANSPORTATION:

NFB of Colorado will again provide chartered bus service to and from
Greeley. Buses will leave the Colorado Center for the Blind Thursday morning
around 10:30 am or so. Stay tuned for the exact departure time once details
have been finalized. You must RSVP Lisa Bonderson at lkb at labarrelaw.com if
you intend to ride the provided transportation.

We will put out the word when convention registration has gone live and
provide a link to register on our new NFB of Colorado website.

Due to a website transition, the convention registration link has not yet
gone live.

We hope to have that ready in the very near future.

Following you will find the convention registration and meal pricing
structure:

Pre-registration fees:  BEFORE October 14

$20 registration

$0.00 Friday reception

$25 Friday luncheon

$25 Saturday luncheon

$40 Saturday banquet

$0.00 Sunday breakfast

Total:  $110.00

Registration fees:  AFTER October 14

$25 registration

$0.00 Friday reception

$30 Friday luncheon

$30 Saturday luncheon

$50 Saturday banquet

$0.00 Sunday breakfast

Total:  $135.00. You save $25 by pre-registering.

FOR MORE CONVENTION INFORMATION CONTACT:

Jessica Beecham via email at jbbeecham at gmail.com or Lisa Bonderson by phone
at (303) 504-5979.

That's all for now!