[Colorado-Talk] You’re the Boss, Applesauce

Gail Hamilton gail at soaringintogreatness.com
Thu Feb 23 15:29:36 UTC 2023

We have a choice!

You’re the Boss, Applesauce
#Main
https://soaringintogreatness.com/one-paw-at-a-time/https://soaringintogreatness.com/one-paw-at-a-time/

When I was a young child, my sister had a friend Gretchen who used to say:

“I’m the boss, applesauce.
You know what I mean, jellybean?
You understand, rubber band?
Cause, I like apple pie.”

Ridiculous, right?

Yep, however, there is some truth in “I’m the boss, applesauce.”

We have a choice! Just because our family members, friends, acquaintances, coworkers, or society says we “should” do something doesn’t necessarily mean we should! Now, I’m not advocating breaking rules. There’s a proper way to make societal and legal changes for that. What I’m suggesting is—as my dad used to say—”if all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?”

I may create some waves with this blog; however, here I go!

Almost two years ago, I had a bone density test which showed I had severe Osteoporosis (-2 to -3.5 on their scale). At the time, the doctor convinced me to take the weekly prescription of Fosamax to strengthen my bones. I followed her advice, “I’d put my mother on it” for six months. Then, a friend sent me some video links regarding side effects which included fractures. I decided I didn’t need a prescription medication to give me more fractures and I stopped taking the Fosamax.

A year later, my new doc suggested I go to the Colorado Center for Arthritis and Osteoporosis and get a second opinion. That doc immediately wanted to put me on the prescription of Evenity—a once-a-month shot—followed up by Prolia, a biennial shot for the next 7 years. She made the “drug” sound so promising! My friend and I returned home and did more research. This prescription, along with fracturing can cause heart attacks!!!

I then talked with my pharmacist and others who said I needed calcium supplements. Of course, after talking with other docs, I found out that supplemental calcium can lead to estrogen-dependent cancers.

I’m not so uneducated that I cannot comprehend that everything has side effects! I could eat too many nuts and get something! However, I’d rather overdose on nuts than break a bone. Or, if I ever broke a bone, I’d rather do it walking with my pup than because I took a prescription drug.

Here’s what I’ve decided to do for my bones. Each day I’m going to eat calcium found in plants—1000 to 1200 mg is recommended. Along with these, I’m going to take 5000 mg of vitamin D3, and I’m going to lift weights at least three times a week.

What about you?
Are you being your own boss?
Are you allowing others to dictate your future?

Health is a personal thing. I can’t tell you what to do or what not to do, and I’m definitely not a doctor! I can encourage you to be your own boss and maybe to eat some applesauce! 😊  We all must take responsibility for ourselves—to stand up to the Goliaths (https://soaringintogreatness.com/david-goliath-and-you/)  in our life! We must live with the consequences of our actions and be the best we can be! In being our own bosses, we’ll change the way we see, and we’ll change the way we live! Now, go have that applesauce!
Click Here to Read More of Gail's Blog (https://soaringintogreatness.com/blog/)

** Inspired by Gail's Posts?

Gail is a powerful international motivational speaker, trainer,  and author. She guides and inspires audiences to recognize and shed their fears so they too can soar into their greatness. Gail is available for keynote presentations, concurrent sessions, workshops and retreats.

Book Her for Your Next Event (https://soaringintogreatness.com/speaking-topics/)

Gail's Speaking Topics

Soaring Into Greatness:
How to Live an Unstoppable, Unforgettable & Unbelievable life

Flying Free With The Triple Three:
The Power of Alignment, Attitude & Action

Lessons Learned From Man's Best Friend:
Trust, Love & Commitment

Focusing On What Really Matters:
Change the Way You See and You'll Change the Way You Live.

Do’s and Don’ts Regarding Interacting with a Blind Person:
Things Everyone Needs to Know

Stepping into the Light:
Making Sense of Your Seven Senses
Get Gail's Inspirational Book: Soaring Into Greatness (https://soaringintogreatness.com/purchase-book/)

** Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/soaringGailHamilton/)
** LinkedIn (www.linkedin.com/in/gaillhamilton)
** Link (https://www.instagram.com/soaring.into.greatness/)
** Website (http://www.soaringintogreatness.com)
** Email (mailto:gail at soaringintogreatness.com)
Copyright © Soaring Into Greatness. All rights reserved.

Soaring Into Greatness
3500 S. Sherman St. #143
Englewood, Colorado 80113

You can ** update your preferences (https://soaringintogreatness.us4.list-manage.com/profile?u=82d3235cceb8b42122614553b&id=cfdfdf486e&e=6db269d79c&c=8bd1c85518)