[Colorado-Talk] Paver edge delineation for the New 16th Street Mall

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 18:31:52 UTC 2023

Greetings to my fellow Coloradans:

There has been a lot of discussion about the redesign of the 16th Street
Mall in downtown Denver-in particular, about pavers that will provide
sufficient tactual feedback to distinguish the boundary between mall
amenities zones and the street where mall buses are traveling.

I urge anyone who has an interest in this issue to visit with project
representatives at a public session being held at the Outer Space (corner of
16th Street and Welton) on Thursday, January 19, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00
p.m. If this date and time don't work for you, we are told that, "The new
edge delineation pavers are installed now." WE are also told that visitors
to The Outer Space will be able to examine both the old and the new paver
designs side by side for purposes of comparison.

I visited The Outer Space myself. Currently, there is nothing to stop anyone
from examining the new paver design. Please take advantage of this
opportunity if you can. If you have any comments you'd like to submit, send
email to Tekla Gaspar, Tekla at cig-pr.com.

This is the best way that we, the blind, can ensure that there will be a
usable tactually-discernible boundary between the mall amenities zones and
the street.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong