[Colorado-Talk] Colorado Association of Guide Dog Users, CAOGDU March 19 meeting All paws on deck!

kevan at nfbco.org kevan at nfbco.org
Wed Mar 15 18:53:52 UTC 2023

Greetings, colleagues and friends,

We would love all hands on deck for this Sunday afternoon’s CAOGDU meeting. The meeting will take place over zoom at 4 pm. It will last no more than 1 hr. The vast majority of the agenda will be the planning of our super dog seminar. Our inclusive guide dog seminar will take place on Saturday, May 13th. Thanks to those who have attended previous planning calls. However, we are really still in the early stage of planning a robust agenda. I will have a couple of things to report. Maybe others will as well.

Remember that we are targeting several audiences with this Pawsability seminar. (still haven’t decided on a name. we have great ideas from Gail.)

Audience 1, those of us who are current guide dog handlers or have been guide dog handlers.

2. Members and non-members who are considering adding a guide dog to their lives.

3. Guide dog handlers who are not current members of The National Federation of the Blind.

We will keep these three audiences in mind as we plan a fun, dynamic, and instructive seminar.

We would also love to have some sponsors. Do you have a vert, a groomer, a pet store, or a lions club you think might be interested in helping us cover the cost by making a sponsorship donation? We would certainly give donors credit. Forward $500,  Heal $250, Superdog $100.

We would also be interested in door prizes.

Anyway, I’m really excited to announce that On The Go Julie Johnson from Nebraska will be with us. She is blind, trains her dogs, and sells guide dog-related merchandise. She is also very fun.

I’m happy to hear other ideas before Sunday, please bring your ideas and some willingness to work to our gathering this Sunday afternoon at 4.

Here are those all-important Zoom coordinates. 😊

https://zoom.us/j/7206208007. <https://zoom.us/j/7206208007>

At your service,

Manager Project Literacy, National Federation of the Blind of Colorado

Treasurer, Colorado Center for the Blind

Colorado Center for the Blind believes when you believe in yourself and experience a thriving community of positive blind people, nothing can hold you back from pursuing your dreams.