[Colorado-Talk] ot/district message from douglass county libaries about me!

Amy Sabo amieelsabo at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 22:54:20 UTC 2023

hello all,

i know that here in the nfb we are wanting to live the lives we want
to as blind people and, our philosophy is to chang the misconceptions
of the sighted people in our lives and in the world too!

i just got sent to me via email a memo about the positive work that i
have been doing for the douglass county libary since i started working
there in 2017. it was read out  loud at the meeting last night and,
here it is!

WELCOME AND DISTRICT NEWS:

Amy S. is one of our weekly volunteers at Castle Rock and is blind.
She typically works on tasks for our Bookstore but recently began
volunteering for events as well. After a recent birthday party shift,
she said, "I had so much fun helping out at the birthday party last
weekend. It was special to me and the party was the best one that I
helped out at.  All of the kids at the party attended a preschool for
speech impaired kids, including the birthday girl! I can be a good
role model for them even though I have a disability."

i just wanted to share this awesome with you all who are my federation
family here in co!

hugs,
amy sabo