[Colorado-Talk] What Do You Got Better to Do on April Fool's?

Dan Burke burke.dall at gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 23:34:13 UTC 2023

Okay, if you were there on Saturday at the Denver Chapter meeting, you
were a witness. Carina Orozco threw down on me with a challenged to
step up to the open mike and perform something, and if I did she
would! I’m in, and that means Carina is too. The great news is that
Carina can really sing. Luckily for me, this is an open mike event and
not The Voice.

But if you don’t RSVP by this Friday, March 24, you’ll miss Carina
singing and me doing the April Fool’s Fox Trot (or some equivalent). I
also know for a fact that a number of talented students and staff are
putting some things together, too!

What do you got better to do on April Fool’s?

It’s $25 to enjoy all the open mike entertainment, plus dinner and two
drink tickets. Adult beverages are available to those 21 and older,
but we’ll have something suitable for nondrinkers as well.

And, your entrance fee will also entitle you to five minutes of fame
(or infamy) on the open mike.

When? Saturday, April 1
6 to 10 p.m.
Where: Colorado Center for the Blind
2233 W. Shepperd Ave.
Littleton, CO 80120
Cost: $25 per person, funds go to the NFB of Denver
Age: 18 and up. This one’s not a family activity!

You got to RSVP and pay by March 24. If you want the mike for five
minutes,” let us know on the registration form linked below and
whether you’ll need a mike to play nose harmonica. (Tissue not
provided)

https://forms.gle/Y8rKaekHQW1E3Wie8

If the form doesn’t work for you, send an email to Ryan Carsey at
rcarsey at cocenter.org

Payment of $25 per person should be paid to NFB of Denver’s Pay Pal
account or via Apple Cash to Treasurer Yolanda Thompson:

1PayPal.
https://www.paypal.com/donate/?hosted_button_id=ZP56RS69JS3Y2

Or

nfbdenverchapter at gmail.com

You can use the “Notes” section to put in your name and names of those
you are paying for.

2.  Use Apple Cash
Pay directly to Treasurer Yolanda Thompson at 575-405-0798.

Again, be sure to let Yolanda know who you are paying for.

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Legislative Co-chair

President, NFB of Denver

"Blindness is not what holds you back.  You can live the life you want!"