[Colorado-Talk] Finding VR counselor in Colorado

juliazanon at comcast.net juliazanon at comcast.net
Wed Oct 11 21:21:09 UTC 2023

Hi Elizabeth,

It has been a while since I worked for DVR, but a good place to start would
be to call 303-866-2500 and ask for the contact person for Blind and Low
Vision Services. You do not get to choose your VR counselor as there are
different counselors assigned to specific coverage areas, so it will depend
on your  home address.
I have heard that DVR, just like many agencies, has been struggling with
filling vacant counselor positions, so that means  longer than expected wait
times for  participants. Here is the web address, but even this is less than
helpful.
https://dvr.colorado.gov/dvr-programs-services/blind-and-low-vision-services

If anyone else has more current info, that would be  appreciated since the
website was not as helpful as I hoped.

Julia