[Colorado-Talk] Colorado Accessible Voting Machine Info

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 04:44:25 UTC 2024

Yes! Colorado and New Mexico use the same Dominion interface, so the screen can indeed be blanked out.

On Jan 8, 2024, at 7:48 PM, Yolanda Thompson via Colorado-Talk <colorado-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Hi,
On the accessible voting machines, is there a way to turn the screen
off so that individuals in the room (including the elections official)
cannot see the screen so you can vote privately?

I know in New Mexico we had this feature and I sure valued it because
the machines never fit in a cubby with sides roofs and backs on it for
privacy. They were just out in the middle of the room.

Yolanda

On 1/7/24, Julia Zanon via Colorado-Talk <colorado-talk at nfbnet.org> wrote:

> Greetings all!
>

> This is one of several informational email messages hosted by the Aurora
> Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado to help you
> prepare for the 2024 elections.  This email covers Colorado election dates
> and voter registration. Most of this information has been obtained directly
> from the Colorado Secretary of State website at
> <https://www.coloradosos.gov/voter/pages/pub/home.xhtml>
> https://www.coloradosos.gov/voter/pages/pub/home.xhtml
>
> This website is screen reader accessible.
>

> The Aurora Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Colorado is
> offering this information to encourage blind citizens of Colorado to fully
> participate in our democratic process and  choose the leaders who represent
> us and our ideas.
>

> Election Dates
>

> 2024 is a Presidential election year. The General Election will be on
> Tuesday, November 5. Before then, there will be two primary elections in
> which Colorado voters pick the candidates who will  appear on the November
> 5
> ballot. In Colorado, the Presidential Primary Election is on Tuesday,
> March
> 5. This is when Colorado voters will pick which Presidential candidates
> will
> be on the November ballot. There will be another primary election on June
> 25, in which Colorado voters will pick the candidates for offices other
> than
> President that will appear on the November 5 ballot.
>

> For all registered voters, Colorado has universal mail in voting, and paper
> ballots are  mailed to registered voters within 22 days of an election.
> Since paper ballots are not accessible to blind and print-disabled voters,
> Colorado allows eligible voters to use an accessible electronic ballot. We
> will cover electronic voting in a follow up email.
>

> Registering to Vote
>

> If you already are a registered voter in Colorado, you can check your
> status, sign up for ballot trax,find ballot information (Blue Book) and
> verify information such as your mailing address and party affiliation. This
> website is accessible for blind people using screen reading technology. The
> web address is
> <https://www.coloradosos.gov/voter/pages/pub/olvr/findVoterReg.xhtml>
> https://www.coloradosos.gov/voter/pages/pub/olvr/findVoterReg.xhtml
>

> If you are not yet registered to vote in Colorado, here is what you need to
> know:
>
> Q: Am I eligible to register to vote?
> A: You are eligible to register to vote if you:
>
> *                   Are a United States citizen
>
> *                   Are 16 years old, but you must be at least 18 to vote
> in
> an election
>
> *                   Are a Colorado resident for at least 22 days
> immediately
> [...]

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Colorado-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/colorado-talk_nfbnet.org/chong.curtis%40gmail.com