[Community-service] new to the list

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 16 03:05:36 UTC 2010

Hi Kay,
Nice to meet you.  You must be able to take in a lot without getting
overwelmed if you are a
Hospice volunteer.  I thought about volunteering on
crisis lines, but thought that may be too emotional; maybe I'll try it
although I would not want to take suicide calls.
So do you volunteer everyday?  What training did you have in order to be on
the crisis phone line?
Any particular type of crisis was it?  Some target abused spouses; others
are for teens; others general.

I am near DC so I tried to volunteer with Smithsonian institution, SI, but
they didn't have anything for me.
I'm hoping to volunteer at a crisis center but not on the
telephone line; it would be office work and maybe some PR matterial for
them.  This would give me experience mirroring what I might do at work.

Take care.
Ashley