[Community-service] volunteering to serve the public

bookwormahb at earthlink.net bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 28 05:12:13 UTC 2011

Hi all,

As I said before, I want to volunteer to gain experience for my resume and hopefully use some skills I will use on a job when I am employed.
I like outreach and helping people. Therefore I want to serve the public.
I am thinking at the Smithsonian museums perhaps or another museum, another tourist attraction, or maybe even the White House visitors’ center.
I want to have communication with the public in person and on the phone.
I want to also do other communications work such as writing press releases, press letters, newsletters and brochures.

What volunteer experiences have you had doing these sort of things?
Thanks.

Ashley