[Community-service] volunteering to serve the public

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 05:23:47 UTC 2011

In  My AmeriCorps Expirience, I  was asked to be a media contact for
the service teams I served on.  i would creat press releaces,  and
contact media outlets, I was also a recruiter  or "CAPPer" as they
called it. I went to high schools and community groups  where youth
were and told them about what awesome  things one could do  when
taking part in national and community service.
  in different organizations, I took part in outreach efforts,  did
reception work, and generally alot of public work.
  I think that the very  nature of community service is being in the
community, in the public eye helping people.  Sometimes, it's not  a
glamerous thing, but it's a great thing to do and you get a great
feeling from doing it.  Not to mention you gain alot of wonderful
expirience.
  Best,
  Darian

--
Darian Smith
Skype: The_Blind_Truth
Windows Live: Lightningrod2010 at live.com
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/goldengateace

"The purpose of life is a life of purpose.

— Robert Byrne