[Community-service] Will you be at the community Service meeting at national convention?

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 14:44:16 UTC 2011

Greetings,
  As you all may well know by now, the community service group has
been meeting for the  past few months with the hope of  eventually
becoming a a division.  Alot of work has gone into  getting  us to the
point  that we are at, and I would like to quickly share a little bit
of that progress with you.

 1.  We started a blog that included the expiriencess of  people who
have done many  types of service work.
2. we  hosted, for a time, conference calls where people   shared
expiriences relating to their service work/allowed oppertunities for
people who were  interested in the business of getting a division up
and running to get involved in said  idea.
 3. WE discussed the possibility of a convention service project (  w
we've since decided that  we would revisit  this at a later time so
that we could focus on getting the main work of a division off the
ground)
4. we have promoted the list serve, the blog, and the  desire to  have
interested members who wish to lead take part  in the  process (if you
want to help promote or lead, you can still contact me off-list)
 5. We set up a meeting for national convention, have been working on
a constitution and are in the final stages of making sure that
everything   that we need to have happen is in place.

 Finally, we would be remiss if  we forgot about the most key part of
this equation: you.  So, we want to know if you are going to the
meeting!
  shoot me a message off-list at dsmithnfb at gmail, just letting  me
know if you can make it - I want to know who I can look forward to
personally greeting!
  have a great weekend and talk to you soon,
  Darian