[Community-service] Community Service group flyer

community service Outreach nfbcsoutreach at gmail.com
Thu May 26 20:12:39 UTC 2011

How do you feel about community service? Do you volunteer your time
once in a while in the community or with your local church and want to
find other blind individuals to connect with? Do you find community
service interesting, but are not sure that you as a blind person can
get involved or don’t know how to begin?

Here's you're oppertunity!

We are a small group of people interested in doing community service.
We enjoy giving back , and we believe that it is important for blind
people to get involved in the community.

So if you enjoy community service, or if you are interested in
possibly doing some community service work in the future, please join
us!  We are always welcoming new members.

We hold monthly conference calls, during which we present a topic for
discussion or guest
speaker to talk about his/her community service experiences.  We also
have a blog, where we post summaries of our conference calls and
welcome personal stories about the service work people like you do
 And, if that’s not enough, we even have a list serve that enables us
to connect, share stories, ask questions, and post
Articles/announcements about topics of interest related to community
service.

Our blog is located at:
http://nfbcommunityservice.wordpress.com/

Or, join our list serve by going to: