[Community-service] Looking for stories about mentoring for our blog

Chris Parsons christine-parsons at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 17 01:21:51 UTC 2012

Hi all,

January is National Mentoring Month. Throughout the month of January, the community service group is looking for stories highlighting the power of mentoring to feature on its blog at nfbcommunityservice.wordpress.com.

Send us your stories about mentorship. Your story can be about a mentoring experience you’ve had, or it can be a tribute to a mentor of yours who has had an impact on your life. Stories should be around 300 to 500 words, but shorter pieces will be accepted as well. Stories should be submitted by January 20 to ensure inclusion in the blog during the month of January, but this is a month-long celebration of mentorship. In keeping with the theme, we want to feature stories throughout the month, so feel free to send them in any time between now and the 20th. Send stories as an attachment or in the body of a message to Christine-parsons at sbcglobal.net. Be sure to include your name, state, and a title with each submission. I look forward to reading about your experiences.

National Mentoring Month is an initiative created in 2002 by the Harvard School of Public Health and MENTOR: The National Mentoring Partnership. More information about National Mentoring Month can be found at http://www.nationalmentoringmonth.org/.

Chris Parsons