[Community-service] Next community service CORPS conference call

Community Service CORPS nfbcscorps at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 23:38:20 UTC 2012

Hi all,

This is Chris Parsons. I am the chair of the Community Organizing,
Recruitment, and Participation Subcommittee (CORPS), a committee
within the larger community service group. The purpose of the CORPS is
to network with state affiliates to get people involved in talking
about community service and doing service projects on a local level.

I’m writing to see if any of you would be interested in helping out
with this effort. We are looking for people who would be willing to
ask for a time slot on the general session agenda of their next state
convention to give a short (five- to ten-minute) presentation on the
community service group—its purpose, history, and main projects.

We will be having a CORPS conference call on Sunday, January 29 at
8:00 PM ET. If you are interested in giving a presentation at your
state convention, we’d like you to attend this call so that we can
give you some additional information about the presentation and answer
any questions you may have. Please e-mail me at nfbcscorps at gmail.com
if you are interested in giving a presentation. Also let me know in
that e-mail if you will be attending the call on January 29.

This conference call will focus on states with conventions in March,
April, and May. I have provided a list of those states below along
with dates if I have them. If your state is not on this list but you
would be interested in giving a presentation, e-mail me and let me
know what state you’re from, and I’ll put your name on our contact
list and get in touch with you closer to the time of your state’s
convention.

2012 State Conventions
Alabama: March 2-4
Idaho
Louisiana: April 13-15
Massachusetts: March 30-April 1
Mississippi
New Hampshire
New Mexico
Oklahoma
South Dakota
Tennessee
Utah
Vermont
Wisconsin

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris Parsons