[Community-service] Some food for thought...

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 18:16:27 UTC 2013

Hi all,

As some or all of you may know, there is currently an initiative going
on to turn this group into a division with a purpose of combining
community service with the NFB philosophy.  This division would be
great for the people it helps, but also for showing people that blind
people can be active, contributing volunteers in the area of community
service.

That being said, I thought it might be cool to see if we can get some
discussion going on community service as it pertains to NFB
philosophy.  I'm a big quote person, so I thought I'd start by sharing
one of my favorite service-related quotes.  I like this one because I
think it applies to everyone, blind,, sighted, or purple, and it might
be something we can talk about in terms of the group/fledgling
division.  Anyway, here it is:

"Service is the very purpose of life. It is the rent we pay for living
on the planet." Marian Wright Edelman.

--
Kaiti