[Community-service] Why is Community Service Important to you?

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Sun Mar 10 17:36:58 UTC 2013

Hello Darien and everyone,

	I think community service is important because it means serving
others and, in most cases, it means giving back what the community or a
service organization has given me. An example is the day I joined my
employment-based Lions Club. I wanted to give back what that organization
gave me when the Lions sponsored me to go to camp every summer. Now, serving
as president of the aforementioned club, I feel I _am giving back not only
to the community but I am also getting involved with a part of my employer
other than work. Just my two cents

, Mary Donahue

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch."
Garrison Keillor.

,