[Community-service] New blog post

Chris Parsons christine-parsons at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 15 20:27:48 UTC 2014

Hi all,

This note is just to let everyone know that I have posted a new entry on the Community Service Blog. So head on over to http://nfbcommunityservice.wordpress.com/ to read Darian Smith’s story about the birth of a community service division in California. Perhaps this will motivate some of you to start a community service division in your state as well.

Also, just as a reminder, we are still looking for stories from Federationists who have served in an AmeriCorps program. If this is you and you would like to share your story, let me know at christine-parsons at sbcglobal.net. If you have not served in AmeriCorps, we are always looking for people to write about their community service experiences, so if you’ve got something you want to share, please don’t hesitate to send it along to me. If you’ve got ideas for blog topics for upcoming months, please send those along as well.

Chris Parsons
Vice President, National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division