[Community-service] An Event and suggestions

nfoster at extremezone.com nfoster at extremezone.com
Wed Apr 29 11:28:02 UTC 2015

Cindy:

Congratulations for trying something new.  It sounds like there were several
challenges, but I’m sure there are ways to work around them.

I try to avoid large noisy gatherings like you described.  I have a slight
hearing loss and find those types of environments to be very stressful.  I used
to volunteer with a church group that provided a meal for a local homeless
shelter once a month.  I always worked on the food prep end.  It was a quieter
area and I like cooking.  I always had to cut up lots of onions, so wore the
surgical type gloves.  I’m assuming they’re made of latex, but not sure.  They
can be purchased at drug stores and I just provided my own.  I also use these
at home when preparing hot peppers.  They are so light that I can actually read
Braille through them.  They do tare fairly easily, so it is good to have some
spares.

If you participate in this project again I hope you will let us all know how it
goes.

Nella