[Community-service] On the "Hill" and in the community.

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 09:25:17 UTC 2015

Hi All:

  I’m sure many of you are    returning from Washington Seminar having  had a  successful experience educating our lawmakers on the issues that mean the most to us as blind americans, the issues  that when  addressed will get us one step closer to living the lives we want.
 I was contemplating the idea of community service/ voluntarism and  if involvement both  as individuals and as members of the NFB can somehow help those public servants on the “Hill”   gain an understanding of our true capacity and what we need to get to our ultimate end goal?
   thoughts?
   Darian