[Community-service] Toolkits for starting your own service project

Darian Smith president at nfbcommunityservice.org
Tue Apr 12 16:19:23 UTC 2016

> http://www.serve.gov/site-page/toolkits <http://www.serve.gov/site-page/toolkits>
>
> Getting Started
>

> Have an idea for a service project – like getting a group together to volunteer each week at a homeless shelter, or reading to kids at your local library? Learn how to turn your volunteer idea into a successful service project using our do-it-yourself toolkits below.
>
> Community Renewal
>
> At a time when many Americans are struggling with the loss of their job or their home, you can help meet some of their most basic needs by working to reduce hunger, secure donated clothing and strengthen community resources.
>
> Toolkit: Support Local Food Banks <?q=site-page/toolkits/food-bank/index> | en Espanol </sites/default/files/ctools/food-bank_esp.pdf>
> Toolkit: Organize a Clothing Drive <?q=site-page/toolkits/clothing-drive/index> | en Español </sites/default/files/ctools/clothing-drive_esp.pdf>
> Disaster Preparedness
>
> Help your community prepare for disasters.
>
> Toolkit: Preparing Your Community for Disasters <?q=site-page/toolkits/disaster/index>
> Education
>
> Help close the achievement gap and reduce “summer learning loss” by reading with kids or organizing a book drive.
>
> Toolkit: Read with Children <?q=site-page/toolkits/read-with-kids/index>
> Toolkit: Organize a Book Drive <?q=site-page/toolkits/book-drive/index> | en Español </sites/default/files/ctools/book-drive_esp.pdf>
> Toolkit: Becoming a Stem Mentor </sites/default/files/ctools/STEM_mentoring_toolkit.pdf>
> Energy and Environment
>
> Join your friends and neighbors to reduce energy by auditing your home and helping maintain public lands.
>
> Toolkit: Audit Your Home <?q=site-page/toolkits/audit-home/index> | en Español </sites/default/files/ctools/audit-home_esp.pdf>
> Toolkit: Maintain Public Lands <?q=site-page/toolkits/trails/index> | en Español </sites/default/files/ctools/trails_esp.pdf>
> Toolkit: Let's Glean! </sites/default/files/ctools/letsglean.pdf> (USDA)
> Health
>
> Promoting healthy lifestyles in your community is key to preventing costly disease and improving our nation's health.
>
> Toolkit: Support Community Gardens <?q=site-page/toolkits/comm-gardens/index> | en Español </sites/default/files/ctools/comm-gardens_esp.pdf>
> Toolkit: Starting a Walking Team <?q=site-page/toolkits/walk-seniors/index> | en Español </sites/default/files/ctools/walk-seniors_esp.pdf>
> Toolkit: Promote Back to School Health <?q=site-page/toolkits/kids-health/index> | en Español </sites/default/files/ctools/kids-health_esp.pdf>
> Hunger
>
> Learn about the many ways you can help feed hungry families in your community.
>
> Toolkit: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program - Learn how to do outreach for the largest anti-hunger program in the U.S. <http://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/outreach/> (USDA)
> [...]

Darian Smith
President, National Federation  of the Blind Community Service Division

Web: www.nfbcommunityservice.org

Twitter: @NFBCSDivision, at goldengateace

Facebook: search for “National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division"

E-mail: president at nfbcommunityservice.org <mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>

(415)215-9809

blindness is not what holds you back.
 “We need your service, right now, at this moment - our moment - in history. I'm not going to tell you what your role should be; that's for you to discover. But I am going to ask you to play your part; ask you to stand up; ask you to put your foot firmly into the current of history” — Barack Obama
 Help drive change for the blind .
Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!
For more information, please visit: www.carshelpingtheblind.org <http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/> or call 1-855-659-9314
“