[Community-service] Make a Difference in Your Community - Service Year

Darian Smith president at nfbcommunityservice.org
Tue Apr 12 16:39:36 UTC 2016

Hi all,
 Just wanted to share the following website as a great opportunity for those looking to find an opportunity to “Serve A Year" and get paid for it, too.
 The Community Service Division has been working with the folks responsible for putting the site together to help them see that this new site is  accessible.
  If you do so happen to have issues accessing anything do shoot an e-mail to: president at nfbcommunityservice.org <mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>.
> https://serviceyr.org/ <https://serviceyr.org/>
>
> How will you spend your service year?
>
> A service year is a paid, full-time position for young Americans looking to improve people’s lives and make a lasting impact in communities across the country. From fighting poverty to working with kids to responding to natural disasters — a service year is a meaningful and fulfilling way to tackle the most pressing challenges facing our nation.
>
> By serving a year, you can live in a new city, meet new people, learn new skills, and gain valuable leadership and professional experience — all while receiving a stipend and often a scholarship to help pay for college or student loans. Plus, this experience will help you stand out when applying to college and future jobs.
>
> When you serve a year, you’ll be joining a nationwide community of corps members and alums who are committed to making a difference. No matter where you are in your education or career, a service year is an incredible opportunity that will let you be a part of shaping your future and your community for years to come.
>

> Learn More

Darian Smith
President, National Federation  of the Blind Community Service Division

Web: www.nfbcommunityservice.org

Twitter: @NFBCSDivision, at goldengateace

Facebook: search for “National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division"

E-mail: president at nfbcommunityservice.org <mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>

(415)215-9809

blindness is not what holds you back.
 “We need your service, right now, at this moment - our moment - in history. I'm not going to tell you what your role should be; that's for you to discover. But I am going to ask you to play your part; ask you to stand up; ask you to put your foot firmly into the current of history” — Barack Obama
 Help drive change for the blind .
Donate your car to the National Federation of the Blind today!
For more information, please visit: www.carshelpingtheblind.org <http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/> or call 1-855-659-9314
“