[Community-service] Green Drop

libra robinson leelibra342 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 20:09:06 UTC 2016

Green Drop
Hello Darian
NFB of DC has one of our members as a Green Drop coordinator by the name of Janean Chaimbers. Our Community Service Division conducted a coat drive. The plan was to have her then arrange for Green Drop to pick up the donations from our Chapter meeting. The only draw back was that our meetings are held on Saturdays and they did not want to pickk up the items on the weekends. We did not find this out until the drive was already on the way. So I arranged for the donations to be dropped off at one of our local Organizations.She did inform me that she spoke to someone from Green Drop about this policy and they will pick up the items on Saturdays in the future. We will work with her on most of our drives when the chapter calendar year starts in September.  I think it is a very good idea to have a Green Drop Coordinator for chapters with Community Service Committees/ Divisions. They will take the place of asking friends or family members to help with delivery of the items collected when conducting various drives. __

Libra Robinson
Email l.robinson at nfbofdc.org