[Community-service] Blog and Web site updates

Chris Parsons christine-parsons at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 10 14:33:25 UTC 2016

Hi all,

This note is to let everyone know that I have posted a new entry on the
Community Service blog. So head on over to www.nfbcommunityservice.org/blog
<http://www.nfbcommunityservice.org/blog>  to read Libra Robinson's update
on the NFB of D.C. Community Service Division.

While posting Libra's entry, I realized that I have neglected to update the
list on some recent blog entries I've posted. So while you're checking out
what Libra has to say, also take a look at Kyra Sweeney's recaps of the
division's October and November membership calls.

I have also been working on updating the Web site in general. At last year's
division meeting at National Convention, Hindley Williams gave an engaging
presentation on how to get involved on the service site. Now the
corresponding handout, How to Get Involved in Eight Simple Steps, is
available in our Resources section. The Resources section has also been
restructured to highlight resources for both how and where to get involved
in community service. If you know of a resource you think should be included
on the site, please let us know by e-mailing
president at nfbcommunityservice.org <mailto:president at nfbcommunityservice.org>
.

Chris Parsons

Vice President, National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division